|Technical Lead/Java Programmer|
The HIV InSite Group / Center for HIV Information, a program of the University of California San Francisco's School of Medicine, partners with government agencies, foundations, and international organizations to identify and develop information on HIV care, prevention, and policy. This information is disseminated to care providers, researchers, and policymakers nationally and worldwide through electronic and print media, including Internet and CD-ROM. HIV InSite develops strategies for reaching those areas and individuals in greatest need of high-quality, practical information on HIV/AIDS. Currently, the group manages eight websites, visited by approximately 500,000 users every month.
We are seeking a fulltime Technical Lead/Java Programmer to manage the software and hardware environment for the HIV InSite Group's eight public websites and internal operational needs. Duties span software development, systems design and administration, and database development and administration. This is the most senior technical position in a technology-dependent project, and the incumbent is the defacto "go to" person for difficult technical problems. In addition, the Technical Lead is responsible for managing the longer-term technology horizon, and ensuring that the project is in a position to benefit from new technologies. See chi.ucsf.edu for descriptions of the group's projects.
- BA/BS degree or certification in related field
- 5 years' recent Java programming experience
- 10+ years experience in Web development environment
- Experience programming in a production environment including systems design
- 5+ years experience with database design
- Highly motivated, proactive, patient, and a good self-advocate
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience with a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills, and flexibility in adapting to changing tasks/priorities
- Solid written and verbal communications skills
- Managerial experience
- Linux systems administration experience
- Cloud computing experience
- Project management skills
- Experience with an iterative design model
- Experience in large institutional settings a plus
- Interest in HIV, public health, or related issues
- This is a UCSF position, based at the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Fort Miley campus (43rd and Clement in San Francisco). Weather is foggy in summer, lovely most other times.
- The group culture is of a University-based, non profit, mission-driven rather than profit-driven, with high standards and openness to new ideas and personal initiative.
- Candidates should enjoy working in a team environment that includes non-technical staff. This is the most senior technical position in the group.
- This is NOT a telecommute position.
This position is classified as a Programmer/Analyst IV (0738) within the University. The posted pay range is $86,500 - $142,700. Actual salary is determined by HR managers according to an internal equity scale. It is very unusual for someone to be hired at midrange salary or higher in this classification. See the Human Resources Web site for details: http://www.ucsfhr.ucsf.edu/.
All applicants must submit their resumes through the University's online application system at http://ucsfhr.ucsf.edu/careers/ and reference job number 31393BR.
|Non-Discrimination/ Affirmative Action Policy|
In accordance with applicable State and Federal laws and University policy, the University of California San Francisco does not discriminate against any person employed, or seeking employment, in any of its policies, procedures, or practices, on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer-related, as defined in Section 12926 of the California Government Code), status as a Vietnam-era veteran or special disabled veteran, or, within the limits imposed by law or University regulations, because of age or citizenship. In conformance with applicable law and University policy, the University of California San Francisco is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Inquiries regarding UCSF's equal opportunity policies can be directed to the Director, Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity at 415/476-4752.